View Single Post
I think the Galaxy Note II is a strong contender for top Android device, especially given the innovation of the n900-like storable stylus. I was also very impressed by the 13-mp camera LG Optimus G. The Optimus G , with the quad-core super goodness, is faaaast and has a ton of innovations in design, technology, and not compromising any dimension of the device. The uncompromising nature is what makes for best phone, IMHO. Only brilliant and ballsy companies could and would produce and market such a device. (The N950 was not marketed, so I wouldn't consider it, though it is nice).

I'd give an honorable mention to the iPhone 5 for getting so much system performance out of 1.3 GHz processor and a less than 1500 milliamp battery. But yeah, it's boring. I'd wrap it into either the Dreamboard Meego skin or something to change the UI, but keep access to ThinkorSwim, and other apps that major OS have available. But phone of the year should innovate more.

I like what I've seen in the Lumia 920. It IS innovative, very attractive, and belongs in the running. But right now, WP8 is unproven in my book, so I'll wait and see.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post: