View Single Post
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
That sounds really generous of you Jalyst and I think that's a great idea about a community piggy bank We did try to get a maemo.org paypal address set up for the first competition but it never went anywhere, thankfully zehjotkah stepped in as treasurer. It seems with the new Hildon Foundation/community/whatever we turn into there will be a board that has the ability to raise and hold finances so it should be doable then.. I guess? It's up to whoever ends up on the board I guess... hmmm

I think you should raise that up as a great idea, you got my support and I'm sure a lot of other folks too
Absolutely great idea, but OTOH, why Coding Competition can't start gathering funds for *next* year CC right now? I.E funds gathered since end of this competition, would be part of next pool, etc?

It could be good idea, as we're not going to have 25 devices from Nokia anymore - starting gathering funds early, may ensure securing nice prizes for next Competitions, which I'm sure will occur. It's too nice tradition to get lost in transit.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: