View Single Post
Just re-posting from the Wazapp thread. May be useful here.

One observation: I have latest Cepi build installed ie 21092012. I have been monitoring the power consumption trends . Meanwhile I also installed "FasterN9" deb just to try it.

Wazapp when launched for the first time, does some CPU activity at startup , which is expected and then the process goes to sleep or something like that, it does not show up in "top" . Now, on receiving a message, the process wakes up and constantly stays at 1.5-2.5% CPU usage, thus never sleeping , even after I am done sending-receiving. This seems to have affected battery life a lot.

Now, with fastern9, same happens as above, except that along with wazapp process, the pulseaudio process too stays woken up with 5-6% CPU usage and goes normal down only when I quit Wazapp. With fastern9 installed, I noticed average idle current of 30mA on wifi!!

I have since removed fastern9 , and idle current is back down to 20mA on wifi,which is still more then previous builds.

I cannot go back to previous builds because this is the build which is very stable even with 10+ chats.

@Cepi, its just a guess, but I think this bug was introduced with the new chat sound message scheme, as with fastern9, it seems to drag pulseaudio down too.