Thread: Navit on N900
View Single Post
Navit problem: display lacks zoom buttons, main menu. I installed the version available in the usual repos (including extras-devel), not the bokomoko one. I was hoping that might be good enough. I put map.xml, navit.xml and OSD.xml (arne.anka's set from comment 566, edited for my location and other data) in /home/user/.navit. I downloaded an openstreetmap and put it in the designated map folder.

When I start navit, it shows the map, I can use the touchscreen to scroll it to other locations. But it's missing most of the buttons. No zoom. No way to give it a location that I want to see a map of. And when I go to Settings screen, there's no way to get back to the map. The Main Menu in the top left does nothing. No way to exit either. I have to wait for it to crash from random button presses, or reboot.

So is my only hope to try the bokomoko version? Anybody else have these weird partial-function things going on? The Goog was not my friend on this. I didn't find anything, but I probably don't know where to look.

edited to add: I use an N900.

Last edited by quixote; 2012-10-04 at 21:21.