View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
There goes the resale value on the N8x0's. Meanwhile, I can still use and re-sell my ancient Motorola Droid (my first Android device) and it's STILL getting updates from CyanogenMod (I thought they'd stopped.. but apparently, they've been committing and releasing updates to CM7 even as recently as only a few days ago and every several days.. thanks to increasingly opened Android source code) AND even the closed-source Google apps continue to get updates and run fine.

It's simply boggling the way Nokia took an open operating system and locked it down tighter and tighter with every new Nokia Maemo device and made it nearly impossible to keep the resale value on these devices the way Android managed to for a myriad of devices by many manufacturers. It's infuriating that even mirroring the repositories has to become a crippling legal issue.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: