View Single Post
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
How this makes any difference as regards experience is beyond me.
It's a valid question, and I'm quick to answer:

What I was referring to (and tried to highlight it) is fact, that if You don't sort out problematic things early, they're becoming worse with time. For 1.5 year, we had discussions about need for establishing non-profit entity, but many were afraid to even discuss about it - then, here we are, with struggles to do exactly same thing, but at 23:59.

Now, when we hit problems about Council's bad practices, thedead suggest to avoid discussing it, to not create problems. As I suppose he doesn't remember discussions about non-profit, avoided for same reasons, I politely mentioned it. I'm absolutely certain, that avoiding discussions about Council/BoD practices now, will result in huge problems in a month or two.
---

While I absolutely understand dislike for "rant" threads, there is more than this, here. Current Council (and soon-to-be BoD, as they have self-nominated themselves) doesn't accept any critic - even one presented in civil way, with arguments - and respond to it as offended princess, via their "face" (Chair).

At the same time, all they was able to achieve during whole cadence, was two and a half page of bylaws, and sending request for registering foundation (I hope that it got send, at last). Sure, posting automated "in effort to increase transparency" minutes from a meeting on Council's blog is improvement from what we had before, but here list of achievements ends. It is much less, than was expected from first *elected* Council in 2 years.
---

Time is running fast, so some may not remember it - just few months ago, Council's chair - Woody - was speaking, (in his usual, arrogant and authoritative way) about fellow Councilor "I have yet to decide, if it's better to try reaching shore with a weight attached to leg, or stop for a while, and drop weight, losing precious time".

Now, ironically, time to pay for this arrogance came, (unexpectedly for them, and expectedly for everyone else) - it turned out, that weight they have "dropped" was, in fact, a sail, and they have problems with recruiting crew for this sinking ship (platform? ). Of course, Council is too proud to see own mistakes, and desperately, try to make crew out of degenerades from ghost ships (our poor, orphaned by Council, and unmaintained IRC, with egomaniac as sole master and chanop), which result in explosions inside armory, and ship sinking down even faster.
---

It isn't just "Council rants" thread. It's big disappointment, that what started as much energy and enthusiasm, resulting in first real election and full-staffed Council, ends up in disaster, thanks to arrogant and irresponsible people like current Chair, and inactive/passive gray mass of other Councilors, following him to Maemo's doom. All after all, in whole history of Maemo, I have never seen anyone antagonizing Community volunteers more, than mr. woody.

I'm afraid, that there is no chance for increased Community participation, as long as Councilors want this egomaniac, to represent them. At the same time, I don't see a chance, that Council may notice, how much woody - as a chair - drive people off from being active and collaborate. They're too far away already, in their lone tower, to notice whats going on in parts of Community, where life is still pulsating. They like his auto-post, weekly stagnation of "in effort to increase transparency" more, than any living and trilling activity. No much chance for a change here...

Which leads to out sinking ship. It's just sad, where they have lead us.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-05 at 14:11.