View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by lma View Post
N8x0s are not that closed in that respect, and there are other distributions working fine on them. It's just that there's not enough developer critical mass to polish them (again, the hardware is 6 years old and there are shinier toys available all over the place).
Wait, what? What other distributions will run on an N800? You're not referring to stuff like Mer... which ultimately never really ran very well at all even in their heyday when the N8x0's were still the CURRENT devices.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
I don't want to mirror the repositories but I do want to make sure all the packages I've installed are available in case my device needs to be restored. So here are a couple scripts for anyone who wants to backup their installed packages.

http://maemo.qzx.com/#backup_repos
To that end, why isn't there an IMAGE backup like you get with nandroid on the Android devices (thusly eliminating the need for repositories just to get your system back to where it was before you started experimenting)?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2012-10-07 at 12:52.