View Single Post
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I just noticed that hardware-keyboard mapped {, }, and ] symbols don't work for me if mapped to Shift+Fn+V, Shift+Fn+B, and Shift+Fn+M, respectively. Oddly, Shift+Fn+N mapped to [ works fine.

I have only barely used TxPad after this latest update, so I'm not sure if this was an issue on earlier versions. It may also only work for Shift+Fn+N because instead of ", I have a dead-double-acute (which converts to a " when combined with itself or a space) mapped to Fn+N.
Big fat "issue" warning - this problem is still present. For reasons uknown (yet), txpad conflicts with some 4th lvl mappings of hardware keyboard (4th lvl = "shift + blue arrow + key").

For example, things mapped to "shift + blue arrow + n" works ok, but something mapped to "shift + blue arrow + h", doesn't. Here is list of non-working (in txpad) 4th lvl combinations, that I was able to find:

shift + blue arrow + s
shift + blue arrow + d
shift + blue arrow + f
shift + blue arrow + g
shift + blue arrow + h
shift + blue arrow + l
shift + blue arrow + .

(= basically, whole 2nd row doeesn't work on 4th level mapping, with txpad)

shift + blue arrow + v
shift + blue arrow + b

...well, it turned out, that it isn't problem of particular keys and 4th lvl mapping, but it's something different - no matter of key used for 4th lvl (in combination with shift + blue arrow), it works *only* if it's "dead" key, like "dead_acute". So, keys that doesn't appear immediately, like ^ or ~, but require either space or other key, to be mixed with, works ok. Any other key *doesn't*.
---

trx, any idea, what may be causing it, and how hard would be to fix it? txpad is only program that I know about, where such issue is found. I was just setting it up to completely replace leafpad as my main on-device editor (thanks a lot for making it true, due to your wonderful bugfixes!), while I came to this roadblock.

For everyone, like me, who remapped hardware keyboard, to contain keys like...
[]{}<>ł%|

...on keyboard itself (instead of using on-screen shortcut tab, which is nice, but not as much conveinent), it is real PITA and roadblock. After all, while writing scripts/programs/any code, such keys are used a lot.

/Estel

// Edit

Now I'm not entirely sure, if part of my post inside /strike is as wrong as I've though, because, as Mentalist Traceur noticed months ago, regular (not "dead") key mapped to 4th lvl "n" (shift + blue arrow + n), works fine...

OTOH, the fact is, that I don't have problem with any of my "dead" keys like, "˛˙´~^", mapped to 4th lvl "a", "z", "c" "n", "m"... Now I'm really confused, is the rule about "dead" keys working fine (and others not) valid, or I just have "luck", and my list of non-working 4th lvl keys is valid, no matter of resulting symbol being dead, or not?

Can anyone check it on own device?

/Estel

// Edit

/spank self
Damn, I have just re-read whole thread, and found out that it's QT problem. Can't anything be done about it, at all? It's kinda killer-roadblock for code editor, as having special keys mapped to 4th layout, increases productivity expotentially... (basically, I have almost full-size keyboard mapped to various levels of N900's hardware keyboard, including F1-F12...)

It even works inside things like Easy Debian and it's LXDE environment - if QT haven't fixed it till now, I'm oficially starting to hate it. CSSu'ish upgrade to QT internals is of no use here?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-11 at 23:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: