View Single Post
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Grandma (Maemo) has gotten an eviction notice. We have 3 months to decide where she goes and who cares for her, or she's out on the street. And it will take at least a month to move all her stuff out, maybe longer with the few friends we have to help. Will there be squabbling in the family over who should care for her, and where she should live? Sure. Does that mean we should just let her go homeless?

Yes, there is infighting at times. Yes, there are disagreements at times. No community is without disagreement. But to suggest that there's no point to trying to continue because of a couple squabbles is like letting grandma become a hobo because Aunt June doesn't like the way the doilies are being divided up.
I've been here a long, long time now. Helped build the thing. We've had plenty of squabbles. But nothing like the current discouraging tenor and low level of community involvement.

And I already knew the details all too well. Maybe I'm just venting pent up anxiety. I definitely don't want Maemo to evaporate.

EDIT: at this point I believe the best solution for assets would be to see if they could be taken over by Jolla.

EDIT 2: some of you are taking that last line WAY too far.

I'm frustrated by the infighting. I'm now concerned it's going to scuttle any chance of a Maemo survival solution. So I offered up Jolla as a potential savior.

Obviously I could have chosen my words better. But for people to attack me outright instead of taking my history here into consideration is beyond belief.

I have always worked in the best interests of the Maemo community. How quickly some forget.

Last edited by Texrat; 2012-10-19 at 04:22.