View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Forced rotation is disabled by default. People who enable it and then complain shouldn't be, frankly it's their fault.
and

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
If you use forced-rotation you should be expected to maintain your own transitions.ini file.
Sure, I agree. But, I've gotta say, the question of CSSU forced rotation has come up more than once in the Pierogi thread now. I'm not sure why I'm the one who needs to be educating people about how to use their transitions.ini file.

If the CSSU is aiming to be the next SSU, I think it'd be better to err on the side of caution. The way that the forced-rotation option breaks rotation locks in every single app is, I think, perhaps more trouble than it is worth. (At least for those of us who don't want their locks broken. )

Maybe including a new transitions.ini with a well tested whitelist with next cssu and urging users to not re-enable forced rotation would be a good compromise.
Er, but isn't that the situation we have today? It sounds like forced-rotation is already disabled by default, and that a whitelist already exists.

If there's an editable whitelist, wouldn't that be a better option for end-users? Better to break each app's lock individually, than globally remove all of them...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: