View Single Post
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Poland, Tricity
So here it is - new ultimate touch utility (attached .tar, md5: 69da8c70b1d7da6aaacb849081042a55).

It works perfectly if run when MeeGo is fully loaded. In pre-init the device seems a bit less reliable (it sometimes sends touch end or "forgets" to send touch start), but its workable. It seems it would work best if I would send some feedback while listing on the device, not returning to bash. That is always wait for touch-end.

Note that I tried to keep backward compatibility as much as I can. I dropped polling - it seemed to have waited longer then the actual timeout (probably because it was in a loop, but I don't feel how poll really works). Maybe you can tweak it a bit more.

BTW. Based on the info from the header file you mentioned I've made a debug function (it helped a lot to observe how the touch device works). Maybe you could use it to make some sens of vibration events? I've also seen some info in the mention header file that you first should upload an effect and then play it. Haven't had time to tried that, though.
Attached Files
File Type: tar _my_evtap_fork.tar (39.5 KB, 48 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to eccenux For This Useful Post: