View Single Post
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Doesn't work as expected, can't get portrait keyboard without enabling forcedrotation. However there is difference if I start vkb in landscape or in portrait.

if I launch the vkb from portrait, the letters inside the buttons are small.
If I launch the vkb from landscape, the letters inside the buttons are lit bit bigger and bold.

Also how to take a screenshot with vkb on? As soon as I reach for the screenshot combo shift, control + p, vkb dissappears :P

edit: added libhildon-vkbrenderer3 to my whitelist + ihildon-im-fkb to whitelist, now it's somewhat working

The keyboard does rotate but launches always landscape. What I said above about big/small letters still stands
Your are correct about the big/small letters. If the vkb is started in landscape and then rotated to portrait, it will not adapt the thickness off the letters. The screenprint above from me is from rotating from landscape to portrait. If I would have opened the vkd in portrait from the start, the letters would have been thinner.

I cannot confirm that it only works with forced rotation. I do not use forced rotation, and as long as the application supports rotation it works for me, and the vkb shows up directly in the current orientation.

Added an image of how the vkb looks as started directly in portrait mode.
Attached Images

Last edited by ade; 2012-11-03 at 14:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: