View Single Post
Progress so far...

OK. So, Iceweasel (Debian's Firefox) died twice while trying to download the SDK. Both times after about 200MB into the 800MB download!

In the end I managed to get the SDK by recovering the URI from the download window and then using wget. I think the URI includes a log-in code, so it would not have been possible without registering etc. even though it's only HTTP, not HTTPS. Anyway, because of that doing something like this is worthwhile (as one line):
Code:
openssl md5 <file> | awk '{ if($2 == "<md5_str>") print "OK"; else print "fail"}'
- replacing <file> and <md5_str> accordingly. The md5 codes are on the Qt SKD download page.

Now I just need to build the thing!
Oops. Just seen in the rather limited text in the documentation that I should have grabbed the web install version, if targeting maemo5. Dammit.

... OK... tomorrow!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edit: 21st Nov:

Finally got a chance to install this. Well, sort of... I have tried the online and offline versions (32bit Linux).They both require MASSIVE /tmp directories. When I set up my machine, I did so with the default LVM configuration - i.e. with a 400MB-ish /tmp partition.
When updating the offline version, the Maintenance Tool wants to use nearly 4GB of temporary space, while the online one tries to use about 850MB.

Just wondered:
- has anyone else has encountered a similar problem?
- is it 100% necessary to alter the partitions on my HDD, if I want to install the Nokia-Qt-SDK?
- how else might I rectify/prevent this problem?

Last edited by demolition; 2012-11-23 at 00:27. Reason: concat posts