View Single Post
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ South Dakota
Originally Posted by santiago View Post
Log it in this way
Code:
Metasploit > /home/user/MyDocs/Debug.txt
Thanks, but I'm not quite sure how to enact this debugger (exposing my noobiness now).

Originally Posted by adunanzav3x View Post
However try to re-run now:

Code:
root
. /usr/bin/Metasploit
After this, run:

- Ruby by icon
- Metasploit by icon
Ok, I tried again, and I entered dpkg by X-term and an attempt to install many different packages was made, though I already had the newest version of most of them. I then tried both Ruby and Metasploit by icon without success. Metasploit continues to try opening an X-term window but quickly closes. I have also tried to open through the terminal, and no matter if I'm root or not, neither ruby nor ruby1.8 are ever found, whether in /home/opt/ or /usr/bin/. However, I do have a ruby.sh file in /usr/bin/ and a rubygems-1.8.10 directory in /home/opt/. My rubygems directory is complete, for I have compared it in SSH commander view (using WinSCP) to a .zip file that I dl'd to my computer.

I also have both msf3 and Metasploit directories in /home/opt. However, under no circumstances has my system ever found ruby or ruby1.8, and I have also never been successful at enacting setup.rb in rubygems-1.8.10. Thanks very much for your help and assistance!