View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
That was the point - whether the user or developer base - it needs more effort. The shift will happen inevitably. We can argue when it should happen more rapidly now or later, that's a matter of opinion. I personally think that now. But I don't think calling Harmattan dead is FUD, while even their bug tracker is closed. It's not like it's some breaking news really.
Harmattan dead is circa June 2011 news however Harmattan user-base dead is FUD

You say user base needs more effort? How? They have a proper working device out with near-availability? Oh you want a ready-made user base salivating in-waiting for the jesus phone of Jolla to be released?

How do you even trust them that much? Have they proved anything that great yet? So far what I see is promising and encouraging noises from them but no real product that I could identify such with...Heck, don't they use the n9/50 for demoing their own OS? On #JollaMobile Stskeeps said you would face a number of issues porting over Sailfish OS to your n9/50 including modem issues and its best as a proof of concept...

So as a daily driver Harmattan still is numero uno for the n9/50 and I for one as an user appreciates very much every single development effort for our existing devices just like I'm sure many others do too...

Edit: Anyway I think we have taken the thread enough off-topic. I won't be posting here anymore; feel free to PM me if you still want to discuss this

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-11-28 at 07:40.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: