View Single Post
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hey 412b (and all),

I have some weird behaviour with internet connection (WLAN).
I am pretty sure it is not related to AIFS, but it comes close to above post and I think this is the best place to ask at first (as it could be caused by AIFS).

Let me describe:
- sometimes the wlan is not detected automatically and I need to connect manually
- connection is established and everything OK, besides that the wlan symbol is blinking all the time has if it still tries to connect)
- when idle, after some time the symbol is not shown anymore. What happens now is the weird thing:
the connection is still alive, as I can still browse the web. But clicking on status menu, also the staus menu shows "no internet connection". So stock menu and AIFS show the same wrong info. But when I open the ui-conndlgs, then it shows I am still connected to my WLAN.
Only a reboot helps out here. Do you (or any other) have an idea what is causing this inconvenience. This happened since a few months, so I am not sure when the first time or if it was after some update or whatever. And again, I am convinced it is something strange on my device, but ...

--edit
some more info: in above situation (where stable inet connection can browse the web, but being displayed as "not connected" also the email modest does not update/recognize inet connection(even when clicking manually on send/receive). wtf?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2012-12-01 at 18:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: