View Single Post
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Also the question of how does the figure of 1000 has been bandied around is so because as we all know there are a number of qualified people in this Community who might be able to make savings on that.
I think this number was published as an estimate. Probably we just don't know yet, which server can be replaced and so on. I'm not sure if it is as said, but I haven't seen any documents explaining which service runs on which server.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
anthonie, you mentioned about wanting to know where your money would be going to hence I asked that a full disclosure of where the money would be going to as it would then make it seem its not only for TMO as you may be assuming...
Exactly this is planned and my task as treasurer. We want to be completely transparent so you know which amount is going to be spent on which stuff.
If there is something nice to have but not necessary, the community will be involved in the decision-making process. But I don't think everyone wants to vote on every simple expense.

I don't think we're going to publish the donators names, but this decision has to be made, yet.