View Single Post
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Hi all,

here is the next developer version: 0.6.1 (developer build).

Direct download link is here.

Here is the changelog from developer version 0.6.0:

* Added intro page if users are not logged in
* Added gallery / feed view switch for user images
* Added gallery / feed view switch for hashtag search results
* Added links for hashtags in image caption
* Added links for user names in image caption
* Added links for hashtags in comments
* Added links for user names in comments
* Added WazappPureRegular font by @knobtviker for limited Emoji support

About this version:

I finally added links for hashtags and users (only visible if you are logged in). Also the discussed gallery / feed view switcher is available now, although I preferred a button in the title bar for this instead of the Instagram style buttons in the actual gallery component.

The Emoji support is just a fake. All I do is use a font that contains the special characters for Emojis so nothing is shown instead of squares (or some emoticon). Anyway, it's just a workaround until I have time to implement a working solution (thanks @knobtviker for the font).

As ususal the version is tested on my N9 and runs pretty well. Please report all bugs or quirks you may find here or on the project page.

I'm a bit out of ideas what to do as the next bigger step for Instago. Of course there are still some little things to clean up, but that's not going to keep me for long.

So I guess I could do two things:

* Wait for an Instagram response regarding whitelisting (propably won't happen) and use the time to port Instago to Belle (likely as I still have an N8) or Fremantle (less likely as I don't have an N900).

* Go ahead and implement features using the closed down endpoints the official app uses (possible but may get the app and me banned from Instagram).

Thoughts?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post: