View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ever thought that communication was not your strong point? No need for huge letters.

Thanks for finally answering my question. Guess we have different understandings for the term "meaningful". You can't flash WP8, so that contradicts your "I can flash any g**d*** ROM I want"... because you can't. That's a limitation.

Same for going from PR1.3 to PR1.2. It's a limitation, not one that I'd consider an issue for me personally (no need for it yet) but as it stands, it's a limitation nonetheless.

Oh well. I never said it's just fine as it stands. But your issue is a rather minor one. And yes... we do agree. It's pointless.

I don't have a N900, btw. But last I checked, they had PR1.3.1 (security update) for Maemo5. And the N9, there's PR1.3 for MeeGo Harmattan. And if you wanted the newer version of the OS while still on the N900, you'd have to buy the (now a dead-end product) N9.

Just like if you wanted WP8, you'd have to buy a new phone - your list above was adequate. Enjoy the superficial update to 7.8. I'll probably be on to BB10 by then.

And knowing is half the battle...