View Single Post
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
Are you able to make emergency calls?
Don't think so but I didn't try. And now it is in a box ready to be picked up by UPS for being repaired so cannot check anymore. But I doubt emergency call would work; the phone function was just completely non-existing on the device.

While I am on a rant let me give you quick feedback on what I liked and didn't like about the phone:

LIKE:
- the always on AMOLED screen
- the swipe interface; so cool that all can be done with a swipe
- the very vibrant screen and overall hardware design; it is just utterly beautiful as perfectly described in this article: http://www.domusweb.it/en/design/portable-cathedrals/
- Nokia Drive/Maps; best navigation s/w on a phone

DIDN'T LIKE:
- abysmal email client; cannot cope properly with IMAP set up and often loses track of identifying number of new emails
- lack of vital applications: I am not so much an app fan but apps like Whatsapp are seriously lacking despite all the good efforts of Wazzap developers
- non-responsiveness; often I did get an OS screen with something like: ".... is not responding. Do you want to close the application?"
- Phone sound way too low; had to beef it up to the max and still could barely hear someone speak when in a somewhat noisy room

I like this vibrant community and the good info I got out of it. I still like the phone if it was only for its uniqueness in an Android/iOS and (soon to be) Windows Phone dominated landscape.

Last edited by ridmaur; 2012-12-27 at 12:58.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ridmaur For This Useful Post: