View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
We got to wait for financial statements. I suspect, like most of you, that the units sold are miniscule. Its a good phone, I would say excellent phone, given that I used it over my vacation and didnt miss iphone once. However, its not as ergonomic as iphone, apps are not as polished, and overall not as photogenic in terms of UI, as is iphone. Androids I dont do, cheap plastic Samsung garbage is not my cup of tea. I think that WP8 attempt shows that its not enough to be excellent, you have to really come up with something revolutionary to jump over apple or android. MS is trying to do it by having WP8 on desktop computers and phones, so hope is to convert the masses to a new UI. It remains to be seen if the strategy works.

Overall, Elop did the right choice at the time, but the choice is still not good enough. He did the right thing in getting rid of Symbian and other Taleban UIs, such as Harmattan, but it was too late. pre-Elop leadership missed the boat, the hemorrhage was heavy, and not even a good band aid could save this bleeding company. OH well, I hope I am wrong, but I like my stocks in financials better. So far 30% up from my last year