View Single Post
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Who said I ain't working? I am polishing the latest installer(s), and a new PC-based installer is on the way (asked for by some people, helps reviving dead phones?)
NITDroid-Installer-0.2.9 will have three forms from now on:
  1. NITDroid-Installer: On-device, installs the latest, stable build, along with all the latest safe patches, stays away from experimental branch of the repository. Still CLI based but with GUI tips and progress-bars.
  2. Devel-NITDroid-Installer: On-device, a lot of features, installs whatever .tar.bz2 rootfs you link it too, patches optional, GUI.
  3. NITDroid-Installer-Pro: Future, Ubuntu-based installer, used for repartitioning eMMC and installing NITDroid builds on a new mmcblk0p5 partition.
That's it for the new automated installation, I have a beta for the Devel-Installer, I'm taking all of my free time working on them since I am debugging them till the last bits of code.

I am also tweaking libaudio from the Nexus S to fix that annoying intermittent, screeching sound produced we have in 2.3.7

I'm still fiddling with the SDCard mount issue, I heard from the folks at XDA that it is an su sdcard permissions error, I tried chmod-ing the sdcard binary with all kinds of permissions without luck.

Last, I am looking for clockworkmod, we should have that utility, I am thinking of compiling a separate kernel for booting CWM exclusively, but I still have to dig into it and whether if it is even possible, and how/where does CWM exactly boot from.
...so...where is Installer 0.2.9 ? Will a newer Nitdroid will be released at all?