View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I would say that it's not a wise decision despite the praise heaped up on it mainly due to the lack of LTE/4G - if applicable in your area - and the lack of continued development on things that make me actually want/use a phone like this... Google Voice, Google+, updated Twitter and/or App.Net and other stuff.

Not that it's a bad phone. But it's outdated as sin right now.
Quick reply...
I don't use 3G, so I wouldn't have reason to use 4G. The only part which could have been attractive about 3G-4G would be video calling. But since I don't have the patience to even configure MMS... I don't think I need extra-cellular-connectivity.
And about Internet-related apps, and so on... Write them, or find a Twitter app which is already written for N900, and motivate the developer to add new features. I am not a Twitter person; I may enjoy blue colour, and simplicity of short messages, but I dislike sharing information with the whole world - they are epitome of information overload. I am already overwhelmed as it is, thank you.
And I am not a fan of Google. Gmail is comfortable, but Google is too monopolising.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: