View Single Post
Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
So, I don't know how feasible this is. But can Saera be run WITHOUT a UI?

Bear with some crazyness of mine for a while.

Is there a way to have the saera icon;

On the N900 on the desktop, or as a Widget.
That's a good idea, and should be pretty easy to implement actually. Especially as Saera already has the ability to be triggered without pressing the button, by using the proximity sensor instead.

And on the N9 as either on the apps list, on the quick launch bar (so it can be used from any app), or even added as a toggle on unrestricted system-ui, so it can also be used from within any app.

Upon tapping it, the familiar sound cue comes up, and we talk away.
Does anyone know how to edit the quick launch bar? I've been wanting to change the apps on there, but it doesn't seem to be editable.

The response, or the log, is then accessed by the messaging app. So when Saera responds, a notification comes up. This way you can even save the chat log, or delete it as you feel like.

All the functions can be done using the built-in features, with no need to make a whole UI for them. (Assuming it's easier NOT to make the UI)
This would be great to make; however, I've been having trouble finding information on how to make a messaging plugin. I know it's at least possible on the N900 (e.g. pidgin plugin and google voice plugin), but I don't really know how they did that.

It will give Saera a more integrated feel, AND, if any automatic features are ever added, the user can be warned in the same way as if they were getting a text message.
There is actually an automatic feature there already; Saera is supposed to tell you when mail arrives, and read it to you if you ask her to. I should check whether this is still working.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post: