View Single Post
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
It *IS* frustrating and really tiring sometimes.

Also looks like I really "improved" the synchronization and it doesn't lag the phone anymore.

Talking about frustrating things I'll elaborate the previous sentence a little more: I have around 150 contacts. I exported my address book to the scratchbox environment (in the PC, where I develop Yappari) so I have the same contacts in my phone than in the N900 emulator in the PC.

It takes 3 MILLISECONDS to synchronize all my contacts in scratchbox, yes, all 150 contacts.

It takes around 10 SECONDS to synchronize in the phone and that's *IF* the phone survives (after 8 seconds Yappari or the whole phone used to crash).

But now the synchronization takes a couple of seconds longer but it's smoother and in my experience doesn't lag the phone anymore because now I'm giving enough CPU to the rest of the phone. I hope you'll get the same user experience I'm getting in the N900.

Like I said n times before, coding for a phone is totally different than coding for a PC, and usually you have to sacrifice "efficient coding" for something uglier but faster that doesn't bother the user with lags and delays.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post: