View Single Post
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
No, these are two different topics.

In one side we have the proposal to include new OS and devices in our forums with their own subsection. Right now there is not enough material about Mer / Sailfish, but it's clear that they will be adopted by some of our members as the new iteration after Meego Harmattan.

Changing the Forums name or domain is a tricky question, that would imply that external references to forum threads wouldn't work. Actually I'm not completely decided what would be my position about this topic.
I don't think it's a problem to retain the domain name as maemo.org (unless you worry about trademark threats from Nokia). As others pointed out, the name doesn't dictate that discussions should be limited to Maemo (as XDA name is also historic and the scope of it is broader). I'm primarily intersted in the other subject - i.e. subsections for open mobile OSes which are missing on TMO already.

It's not like it's purely theoretical. There are already threads about Mer based systems (Nemo Mobile, Jolla/Sailfish and etc.), about Ubuntu mobile and even Firefox OS. They are scattered who knows where - in Meego/Harmattan section, in Alternatives section, in Competitors and even Offtopic section. It can't be called well organized or good approach as is.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-01-24 at 17:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post: