View Single Post
Originally Posted by benh_n900 View Post
hi all,

i have been following with interest the various anti-theft/find my device threads and decided to put together a web application to help with this.

At the moment the service is in beta state and is password protected to keep the masses and bots out. The username/password is developer/maemo for anyone who wants to have a play.

As such, i present http://www.whereismydevice.com which is a free service to aid with phone theft/loss applications.

I have already spoken to rachol who is looking at using it for the i am here application.

Please feel free to use this tracking service for any application that you are developing.

Included on the site are the rather messy scripts that i have put together to make my n900 do what i want. If anybody wants to tidy/package this up, please feel free - i don't think it's gonna be too complicated for someone who has done it before. N900 development is a challenge i will take on in the future when i have some spare time!

a quick summary of how i have the web service working with my n900

whenever the n900 network is started (from if-up), a call is made to the web server to check for actions.

Depending on the response from the web, one of the following actions is taken;

1. Report location
2. Report location every 15 minutes
3. Send sms to [number]
4. Setup reverse ssh (note: Requires your own server)

in addition, an email is sent on any contact (optional), on imsi change and on an incorrect password attempt from the device.

This is useful if the phone is lost/stolen. If the phone connects to the internet, even with a new sim (but not after reflash), then i get contacted and i can log into the phone as root from where i am.

Suggestions/comments are welcome.

Cheers,

ben
sir,i am new to linux when i go to site and log in i can see nokia n900 api documentation,pls tell me what to do after that,i want thia app asap waiting for your reply