View Single Post
First off, I love my n900, I do, that's why I got it a couple years ago. Problem is, I'm getting more and more tired of how slow it is at doing just about everything. I watch friends with their iphones and droids and s2s and nexus etc, do everything so fast.

Most of the time I use my n900 for normal things like maps and internet browsing, but doing just those two things is PAINFULLY slow. The map program won't use agps so it takes a minute or two OR more to get a gps lock. Problem with internet browsing even on 3g and 3.5 seems to be the speed of the phone displaying everything. When I do speed tests, it's many mb/s, but yet it's slower than everyone else around me, like I'm on 2g speeds.

Those are just 2 issues. Yes I have tried the search function, problem is there is too much info and it doesn't seem.....consolidated.

I have found a lot of useful info here in the past, but it always took MANY hours of searching. I could have sworn that I saw some threads that had a lot of consolidated info on just making the n900 function on par AND better than most other phones in most functions.

I was all set to get an s2 or nexus 4 simply because I was tired of not being able to do regular tasks quickly and easily. But I know the n900 is capable of being better and I don't wanna lose things like the stand alone gps, fm transmitter, and the os navigation to name a few.

Just hoping some of you vets can point me in the right direction. I'm sure it would only take a handful of apps/programs to make the n900 as capable or better than most newer phones. I just thought it would be easier to find them all in one spot. Isn't there a forum for just upgrading the n900 with apps and programs and tweaks to make it better, in general?

Again I have spent many hours and days in the past searching for upgrades and I found a few, but it just seemed to take WAY longer than it should have. I did put fmms on and upgraded to 1.3 and a couple other small things.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to themaxx69 For This Useful Post: