View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
1) Someone present a contract for the Board to sign (I can't prepare it as I am traveling)

2) Someone explain to joerg that the way to move forward is something like 1) instead of criticizing people you work with
ROB!!
NOBODY of IPHH will present a contract to sign to HiFo since IPHH has no requirements of you signing anything. WTF would you ensure them you will do, with your signature???
Isn't it like YOU want THEM to sign something, or in any other form assure you they will do or not do something? How - for God's grace - will a contract on a paper *you* sign help with that?

We offered you to send you a sever storage contract in which IPHH acknowledges they got a server from you to store at their location for a year, and you can claim it back any time you want. You still ignore that. WHY???
Sorry to criticize you, but criticism where criticism is due. Unless you explain to us mere mortals (in a way we actually can understand and act upon in a reasonable manner) what's the problem in your lawyer's world with all the actually existing alternatives we offered to you, we can't help. We simply can't guess what it is you need. We don't get it.

IPHH will NOT contact their lawyers and ask them to guess what HiFo's lawyer might need and how to write it. This might be the normal way in USA, here we do such things without paying our own lawyer prior to offering a donation. IPHH probably not even HAS an own lawyer. So pretty please excuse when their secretary says "we don't have a ready-made paper for this case, and I don't know how to write one that has a written headline `HOSTING CONTRACT` on it but actually fits the situation which is NOT hosting".

Rob, will you finally comment on that server storage contract proposal (in a useful manner)? And/or on the proposition that your possession of the server bill plus the receipt confirmation is sufficient to reclaim the hw? "Send me whatever you like, do your best guessing what I might need, i'll let you know if I'm happy" is an extremely inpolite and insulting way to approach a donor (and also to approach me, btw). We several times suggested possible options and asked you what you think of them. Each time you either ignored them or answered "send it to me, then I'll tell you what I think" WTF do you think we do all day? Preparing 5000 different versions of papers for you to pick from???
TELL US WHAT YOU NEED, AND DON'T SAY "HOSTING CONTRACT"!

/j

[edit] this sounds to me like: Mother: "Go and buy 3 liters of milk!" Boy comes back after several hours: "there been no 3-liter-milk packages"
[edit2] "not criticizing people you work with" - do you really think this is the right way? Where to start / stop criticizing? With your friends that you don't criticize and rather let them continue whatever criticizable thing they do? With your partner/spouse? With your kids? With yourself?

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-02-25 at 17:43.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: