View Single Post
My impression is that both Firefox and Ubuntu did well in marketing their products. These systems were mentioned all over the web.
Both Firefox and Ubuntu were able to tell something new to the world (carrier support, actual phones, first real demonstration etc.).

Both Tizen and Jolla basically just said : "we are working on it, it is getting better, will be available soon". So I reserve judgement until actual availability.

I also thought that Nokia had some very good products to show.
Very colorful Lumia products. All with extremely powerful SoC, and with the same Windows Phone 8 spanning an extremely competitive price-range. If this doesn't put WP8 firmly in the third spot of Mobile OS-es nothing will.

Currently Nokia Series 40 and Blackberry still have a large marketshare, but I believe these will soon be fighting for the fourth place with Firefox OS, Tizen, Ubuntu, BB10 and Sailfish.

I must admit that I'm usually wrong in these predictions, but I think that only Ubuntu and Firefox OS have any staying power. Not because the quality of the products, but because phones aren't their primary business.
Series 40, Blackberry, Jolla and Tizen need to make enough money from a relatively small marketshare to fund development. This problem is the biggest for Series 40 and BB10 since the kernel is also developed internally (non-linux kernel).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post: