View Single Post
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
No, don't do that. Every method to “clear the aegisfs mounts” that I've read has been more stupid than the previous one. Remove the aegia mounts and you will get weird bugs ranging from slow GPS locks to higher battery usage (because of processes crashing repeteadly in the background). My N950 has been aegis-less for a while (removed from the kernel and userspace libs) and there are plenty of randomly placed calls to Aegis that will fail if you do the above.

Just reflash, dammit. Its not that hard and you do not have to do anything afterwards.

If you really want to avoid reflashing, at least use apscli. But then, please, don't.
does anyone have a reasonable way to backup and restore accounts for email?

the database is simple and the structure is straightforward. backing it up {either by copying the db or dumping the relevant tables to csv/etc}, reflashing firmware+emmc+kernel, restoring the db, removing the aegis mount points, and restoring it actually works sometimes.

the other half, it either prompts for the passwords at each reboot, or it does this weird thing where it prompts for the username and email constantly, and then no matter what you enter, it doesnt work. both problems do not go away unless you remove the aegis mount points and account dir, and manually re-enter the accounts.

this is literally the only manual restore task i have to do when i reflash.

i understand that this may sound over-the-top whiny, but its important to me, as part of my system for managing my computers.