View Single Post
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Hey there,

after my roommate donated his fubared N900 for whatever useful thing I can come up with, I decided upon making a XBMC-like, web-controlled, mplayer-based media center / rsync backup solution for our living room.

As this will be an ad-hoc solution, I need help with removing unneeded modules and packages related with voice and data and microsd (as that hardware is physically broken and slows down the device boot times and responsiveness significantly). Also I need to remove all communication functionality including SMS, emails, call app and so on. This will be used only for mplayer and possibly web. I'd like to strip as much as I can, still sanely (only if it is a performance benefit), while retaining media (audio,video,codecs), networking+wifi and tv-out functionality. As I don't have a good enough understanding of Maemo I'll need help with those (hence posting in this section).

-- OFF-TOPIC INFO --
Currently I have an up-to-date CSSU-thumb installation with some speed optimizations and overclocking. I plan on using a light HTTP server for the web-control part, or even coding my own. I will also set up a modified USB-hub for use with host mode *while* charging, connected to an external drive, and possibly a LAN card. When finished, I will release a package (stripping down the OS is only needed in my scenario and not a prerequisite at all).

Thanks in advance!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tecs For This Useful Post: