View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Personally, reading his reaction to some of the rude/aggressive posts, I could understand why he reacted that way,
I get it as well... I've been trolled into a post or two myself, as everyone knows. The problem is, doing so does not make a very good first impression. Especially when there's misunderstanding on both sides about what's going on. I'm not faulting Jim for that (too much), as we're all human.

What needs to happen now is simple. A quick catch-up for everyone on where we're at and what's going on. Then a setup for elections to validate that the current Directors (and/or new nominees) are acting in the interest of the community.

It would seem Jim would be in agreement on this, since it would answer his question as to the communities feeling on having him on board. (Jim, please do comment on this. I would like your perspective on it.)

It also would give Jim over a month to get up to speed, and to present himself to the community so we/they can get to know him better. I think, given that chance, the community will have a better chance at assessing the skills and experience Jim has to offer to the Foundation, vs the "gut reaction" that's been expressed here.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Anyway, good that we're now moving towards an election
I agree. At this point, I think it's prudent to call elections. I will propose this at the next Board meeting, which must happen very soon.

FWIW:
I don't think elections will interfere with the Nokia negotiations, as the election process won't finish (and no potential Director changes would happen) until mid to late April. By then all negotiations should be finalized and HiFo should have ownership of everything needed to maintain the infrastructure.

I would suggest that we push the election out (to a maximum of 45 days, per the bylaws) to allow the Council and Board elections to coincide. I feel this would be the best solution for the community as a whole, vs having segmented or offset elections close to each other.

I believe this is something we must legally do as well. Since Tim's resignation occurred before my acceptance, and my acceptance was not done until past the 7 day period from Ivan's formal resignation. Technically, there was a period with fewer than three Director positions occupied for over seven days. That should trigger an election.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: