View Single Post
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
The Galaxy S3 and Note 2 run enough rings around any iPhone. Heck my GS2 and Note run rings around the i4s in my house.

If just smooth and fast are used as barometers, there is really no difference because after a point you can't see which is faster.
As i stated above smoothness and speed makes ios better in user experience. and it does make difference when you use both operating systems at the same time for long terms. Most people prefer ios over android because its simply slaphappier than android. Also idevices have a way better screen in than any android device in my opinion because it has high refresh rates and that makes the ui transitions, scrolling etc. very very solid. i also stated this before and hope that jolla uses similar screens.

If you speak about jail-breaking an iPhone and rooting and Android device than the Android will always come out tops simply because along with the increased customizations you have larger screens that allow you to do more.

On both my S2 and Note I use multi-window, although it isn't too useful on the S2, its very nice on the Note with the larger screen. The iPad has something similar once you jailbreak it but the iPhone's smaller screen means its pretty useless to do any windowing on it.
i don't agree this im sorry. how does android get better in personalization? The only place where android gets on top is that overclocking the device is easier and you can build custom roms and kernels which is unnecessary with those monster spec devices in my opinion.
just get your iphone 4s and type springtomize to the cydia search bar if you have jailbroken it and take a tour in that app and see which parts that you can change on the phone only with that. jailbreaking definitely levels the competition.
just giving examples here:
You dont think there's enough options when you long press a file? install action menu.
you're annoyed by in game purchasing? install iappcracker.
you want to customize you're keyboard but ios doesn't have it? install color keyboard.
you're bored of the lame homescreen transitions? install barrel.
you want to add toggles on your notification center? try sb settings or nc settings.
you want to have ipad/n9 like gestures? install zephyr.
the list goes on...
so if your concern is bigger screens then you should use android but it doesn't make them any better in personalization. it's a personal choice and i respect that. for me, screens that are bigger than 4.3" are unneeded unless you're using a tablet. ios maybe lame without jailbreak yes (can't use it without jb) but i will argue all the times that it will become better in most aspects after jailbreaking it.
you can even turn the ipod touch into a phone with the help of jailbreak.
also they have custom themes and launchers via springboard and other apps.

The app gap is almost non-existent these days on Android; the last game I remember that made it big and launched on iOS without any Android plans was Temple Run. That too was quite a rare occurrence.
i never mentioned about the apps/games and i hate to compete os's by the amount of them but if this is the point, android has more apps and games than ios at the moment. but what about the qualities of them? we always make fun of how the apps are fart apps and lame but today they even have high quality fart apps unlike android. and by the way, they found a new way of installing paid apps free without jailbreaking the device. i think credits goes to the chinese jailbreak community 25PP.
one more addition: try real racing 3 on the iphone 3gs or iphone 4 and then try it on a similar spec android device.
Android has its many flaws too, no doubt about that, but choosing between an Android device and iPhone its always wiser to go for the Android unless the user is really a fanboy or not interested to tinker even a bit with the Android device.
no. it's not always wiser to go for android unless you don't want to go mad with all the crashes and bugs or you just want to feel like a power user. also, it's not always a wise choice to buy an iphone if you don't know what to do with it. or you are too much prejudiced to say that how ios is just closed, lame and iphone screens are too small.
you are using an n9 right? and saying that android is better than ios? really??? as far as i know the n9's os is also tight in most parts and the screen is 4". it's pretty much an iphone'ish device. how can you tolerate your n9 then? how did you used the small screened symbian devices?

The sales of S3 and Note show that many mass-market users who know not much are going for the larger, more functional and better-looking screens instead of the same old iPhone. Also let's not forget the micro-SD and replaceable batteries
well, same old iphone is still selling even if they failed with the maps and the removal of some core apps.
same point. you are using an n9 and complaining about how the battery is unchangable and the lack of memory card on the idevices? isn't that ironic? i have never changed any of my phone's battery yet. how do people manage to kill a battery that fast? if you need more memory you can simply buy the high memory versions of those devices which samsung gives that option to the customer also. also n9 has the 64 gb version which is the one im using.
i have an ipod touch 4 and an n9 for my daily usage and im ok with both of it. i dont need an extreme android device to fill the spec and feature gap because simply they both have the capability of what android achieves. i would prefer symbian. and i'm making these comments based on my experience with both operating systems as a user. so far, ios is doing good in the competition with just 3 or 4 devices facing dozens of low and high end android devices if you ask me.
im not trying to convince anyone. if you're fine with android, you're fine. it's not my concern.

anyway back to topic.
the device is not innovative for me but it will probabbly sell just like galaxy s3 or maybe more. this is because samsung has increased it's brand awareness just as much as apple (imo it's becoming apple'ish) and normal users will buy it just because it's brand is samsung. they will probably use this awareness with selling their new tizen devices and they will sell well also. marketing rules. :/

by the way i want to ask again. it has been told that the device will come to the US with snapdragon 600 chipset. does this mean they won't ship the exynos 5 version to the US? does anyone know anything about this?

Last edited by Artyom; 2013-03-16 at 11:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post: