View Single Post
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
So, here's what I did until now!
Let's sum it up, READ EVERYTHING BEFORE POSTING

Things that are still unfixed first:
-As said I tried fixing CPU and memory leaks that Mozilla never tried to fix. Don't expect miracles.

-While the browser is loading a page it's best to not interact with it because CPU usage is 100% and browser responsiveness is very low. Once the page is loaded everything's good

-If you open a site that you have never opened there will be a few seconds when the browser is caching, at that time, browser responsiveness is very low. For example - I benchmarked loading time of "maemo.org" via "numion.com/stopwatch", first result - 24 secs, second - 11, third&fourth - 7 secs.

-Some keyboard keys like / & ' cant be input while typing in forms from the hardware keyboard (these can be input from virtual keyboard) but can in address bar. I cant figure out why..

-Still cant enable layers acceleration which will give a VERY BIG performance boost

Let's sum up the good things now
-Firefox Icon and label

-Improved greatly page rendering speed

-a LOT smoother page scrolling now

-decent flash support ( to enable flash support, disabled by default, open "about:config" search for plugin.disable and set to false) but take in mind that loading a page with flash content is significantly slower. And dont forget to update flash player, look at the respective thread in this forum

-30% page loading times; +20% more fps in flash and other content, if u want even more speed- overclock it!

Now I'm going to test a few settings in about:config to see if I will be able to achieve even more

Download Link
http://rapidshare.com/files/94168600...17.0_armel.deb

P.S. Updated first post of the thread.

Last edited by tanago; 2013-03-18 at 23:01.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post: