View Single Post
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Perhaps the best would be to keep busybox as-is but, to avoid any confusion, without including *any* applets which require being setuid. Then the user will be free to install su and/or ping.

For ping we already have a package (ping and iputils-ping, I think) -- I just installed "ping" which installs /usr/bin/ping. Busybox's /bin/ping still there. Just need to chmod +s and it works fine).

For su we are missing a package (or I can't find it). Since most people probably don't need su (I don't *need* it, I just *want* it I guess you don't have to include it in busybox-power. But it would be nice if you could compile and package it and put it in extras-devel (otherwise I'll add it to my to-do list so that when I retire in about 30 years I will do it myself .

Let me know what you think. And thanks a lot for your support!
I prefer to package up su separately as well; will look into that next week. I don't think it's wise though to leave out the setuid applets from busybox, as leaving out applets vs. Maemo's stock busybox (such as su) might break some (3rd party) applications.
The proper solution would be to make the new su package divert /bin/su.

I'm surprised su hasn't been packaged up before though, I hope I won't be in for some unpleasant surprise.

Originally Posted by sowwhatyoureap View Post
Does anyone know if BusyBox Power's (limited) version of man attempts to read from a config file by default since you can't specify it?
Yes, BusyBox' man checks for /etc/man.config, /etc/man.conf, and /etc/man_db.conf.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post: