View Single Post
This may have some sense only, if clear guidelines what is *not* allowed in package, would be prepared. Otherwise, packages with many influential people biased against them (batterypatch is good example here - heck, I'm also biased against it ) and/or bad fame, could get removed/harassed without thorough testing of actual state.

As said, I'm not fan of packages like speedpatch/batterypatch, but just like MentalistTraceur, I'm not sure about their actual state. Also, people tend to mix battery patch and speedpatch into one thing (AFAIK, only one of them does overclocking - 2nd is wrong [as in useless], but not harmful, either).

I certainly *don't* want to see packages removed, without good report about what serious and obligatory rules they've broken - especially, after perceiving first hand, how "objective" some people in tech staff are.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
[*]One or both (I don't recall) of them violates the Debian packaging guidelines (which Maemo packages are supposed to adhere to).
That, for example, is very bad reason to remove package - it should result in kindly asking maintainer to fix packaging, at most. Otherwise, we should remove 1/3 of extras, including some really good things from various "community heroes" here.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: