View Single Post
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Ha ha ha, I think of the Z10 as the opening line of a long seduction that BlackBerry is trying to use to convince loyal customers to stay and to woo competitor's customers into the fold.

It's not all good news for BlackBerry, but given the reported defection rate that the Z10 is producing by pulling in customers from other platforms, their return to profitability last quarter, and the anticipated Q10 coming soon, they seem to be doing okay for now.

To me, the comparative risk of buying a BlackBerry device is that iOS and Android have zero risk of abandonment or of falling off of the leading lap of the smartphone race. That risk would screw up both the resale value and the continued usefulness of the BlackBerry if something bad happens.
I disagree, BB10 won't be abandoned anytime soon. The issue I have with it is it's locked down so tight I can't mod it or do anything to it. I am stuck to what BB decides what is best for me and I don't like that. BB, Nokia, Apple, Google, or any company has no right to decide what is best for me. As a niche market phone user I will never go to a companies platform as BB because of how it's locked down.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post: