View Single Post
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
This I agree with, but how much was Harmattan pushed when it was released?

BB10 has been pushed really hard and adoption rate is very low, this isn't BB's fault but the fault of consumers for thinking that android/iphone are the only options.
Maybe I start reading crackberry I feel BB is gaining momentum... BB's push in US is not enough and they need carrier's help to get the message out.

Let me elaborate on why I compared BB10 with Harmattan...
First of all, BB10 has this staged launch so it is very much like Harmattan in initial shipment.

For Harmattan my app (Stockona, btw) is one of the few apps in its sector so it got great visibility. This sort of offset the smaller user base, that's why I used Harmattan as a benchmark.

In BB10, the competition is much crowded andd harder. Mine is a symbian port so I understand people might prefer other Cascade apps and simply ignore anything that is not Cascade native. Besides, there is already one dominant app (Stocks for BB10) that gets 4.5 star with 100+ reviews. I know I am not going to be able to gain too many shares here, but the upward trend in download value is a good sign. Of course I wouldn't consider catching up Symbian or Harmattan download rate good but at least the upward trend tells me BB10 is gaining ground day by day. Whether the gain is good enough or not is another story, we will have to wait and see.

I like how BlackBerry doesn't try to please everyone with BB10, but has a clear targeted audience. BB10.0.x still is buggy to me, and one thing that stands out to me is that copy-past/text selection is a royal pain. 10.1.x already has a more polished UI, and if they can fill some feature gaps and do decent bug fixings, I do feel BB10 can tie with WP in worldwide sale at the end of this year. Yeah, I am optimistic, otherwise I wouldn't still be in Qt world

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post: