Thread: My Dream Device
View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I am with wikiwide except that I think printing should be a dongle, QR code works for v-card trades between smartphone users.
Also I look forward to when highter power LED projectors will fit inside the phone, perhaps RGB laser scan projection.
As for TV transmitter out I would just want a good unlocked software defined radio with a fast DSP for in/out so I can do Bluetooth, WiFi, GSM, amateur radio, aircraft band, FM radio short range, GPS, FRS/PMR446, etc. There are times where I have in my flight bag a laptop, my N900, an air band HT, and a micro size UHF/VHF amateur radio HT, at least the N900 replaces a phone, GPS, MP3 player, gameboy, camera, voice recorder,, and PDA.
I dont mind something larger like the giant Galaxy tablet phones but I would like a sapphire screen, titanium body and vulcanized rubber bumpers like the Vertu phones have, I suppose some would like the leather and hardwood trim found on some Vertu phones.
I have several watches with clear sapphire crystal, it stays shiny and scratch free even after years of hard use even while the stainless steel shows some history. I always wonder if there was ever a Maemo/N900 type prototype device with a extreme materials case over at Vertu when that was a Nokia property.

Last edited by biketool; 2013-04-09 at 08:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: