View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
I'm nominating/suggesting for (mcc/hfc) council:
Please note, to be official, all nominations/acceptances should be mailed to the community mailing list. Posting here or in the MCC election announcement thread is nice (as mail is sometimes slow), but the "official" channel is the mailing list.

I note you did that, but wanted to make it clear to those you nominated that they need to accept that way as well.
EDIT: Please do comment in-thread as well, since if you e-mail is held for "moderation" which some users seem to be getting, it may not be seen in the list.

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
On Sun 21 April 2013 22:32:12 robert bauer wrote:
> I'd like to see statements as well - especially for Hildon Foundation
> Council where there is an opportunity for hard reset of membership
> process/criteria and/or election criteria.
This is true. In that regard I suggest (like Joerg_rw has) that any future MCC/HFC consider that if changes are needed there should be extensive community input on the topic. The last time these rules were changed/made there was an official vote of the community, which I think is a good practice overall.

This would not preclude putting the current method into writing as soon as HFC is in place however, as the ByLaws explicitly allow the MCC/HFC to tweak and change those rules for several months once they're in place before they become hard-set and need super majority approval to change. (Again an indicator that these rules were in place not to allow a random change, but to accommodate for the fact that when written we did not know how things would pan out over the next 6 months, and if servers would even be up at that time.)

Last edited by woody14619; 2013-04-22 at 15:56.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: