View Single Post
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Greetings OSEmuTech!

I've posted this before, but I'll post this once again.

Here's a custom keyboard that I put together that keeps all of the keys away from the Dosbox screen.

Name:  X.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  26.7 KB
x.zip

It's somewhat of a hassle to start it up, but it's definitely my personal preference to use.

Here's how it works after you put the x.kbd on your memory card:

Start up Dosbox. Fire up Xterm. Switch to full screen mode in Xterm. Then type:
xkbd -geometry -1-1 -k /media/mmc2/x.xkbd
For it to appear on the right side of the screen, I think, but I'm not positive, that it's:
xkbd -geometry +719-1 -k /media/mmc2/x.xkbd

Finally, just minimize the Xterm window.

The reason for going through all of those steps is for the keyboard to be pixel perfect and flush next to the Dosbox screen. You honestly don't have to be as anal as myself about this though.

As for the weird characters showing up in Dosbox, I get the same occurence.

For example, I specifically set a key for the pound sign "#" which works just fine in Xterm but not in Dosbox.

I think to produce a "#" key, I had to type something like "CTRL 3" or perhaps "Shift CTRL 3". I can't remember right this moment and I just did a fresh install on my Nokia.

Just mix around some different key combinations with CTRL, Shift, and the ALT buttons and perhaps you will be able to find the keys you need.

I don't get it, but that's the best suggestion I have for now.

Oh, and lastly. Gentlemen, this is an awesome build but it has serious, serious limitations.

I personally wouldn't test any game or application that is dated any later than 1990.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post: