View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
ooh, my friend, smack, smack, smack! :-) As you will read in that thread and indeed if you read about patches made by others, the tech savvy dev types around here tend not to like them. The wiki provides the best optimisation tricks that meet general standards of approval.

It is your device of course. But a full disclusure of what you have installed at the beginning is always welcome.
I second that. The only really useful thing is swappolube, which allows you to tweak swappiness, page-cluster and nr_requests. All other "miracle" patches do more harm than good, if they do any good.

I am not saying the reason for having this reboot/shutdown issue is some of those, but the probability is high.

However, to try to provide some info on WTF is going on, you may want to install syslogd and sp-rich-core(google for howto) as your "reboot instead of shutdown" might be caused by a kernel oops and those tools will help identifying that. In the meanwhile you may want to upload your /dev/mtd2 partition.

BTW if you overclock, I'd advise you to disable OC for a while, to see if that would cure the problem. And by "disable" i mean to uninstall all OC apps, widgets, whatever and to remove /etc/default/kernel-power

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: