View Single Post
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
This thread has become too funny. First, it is really funny that you call me uneducated

When I was young I was like you all. And I just used OpenSource alternatives to everything. I've been using Linux since I saw fighting Linus and Tannenbaum in the comp.os.minix (in 1992 I was already in the university, I'm a Computer Engineer with +20 years experience).

The difference is that I grew up and you haven't. I won't make my life harder because stupid OpenSource principles that go nowhere. I don't fight the OpenSource flag anymore and I haven't since like 10 years ago. It's stupid.

Now I just do things to make my life easier. Instead of JUST using Linux like I'm sure you all do, I use both Windows and Linux at the same time (one in a VMWare window of the other). It's STUPID (for me at least) just using Linux, using both at the same time makes my life easier.

I have thousand of contacts. And I DO want to talk to them. I'm not as stupid as to say to my contacts "I won't talk to you because you're not using an OpenSource IM. That only makes life harder. I have to accept that people using Skype or WhatsApp or whatever are no "uneducated people". They are just educated in something else. But they are my friends, my family, my loved one that won't move to another IM protocol.

If you can't understand that then you're the uneducated people.

Anyway this is going nowhere. Why? Because Jolla knows and thinks like I do. They know if they don't include some big names in those IM nobody is gonna buy their phone. That means bankrupcy in less than a year and another dead phone like the N900/N9.

Sadly for you nerds, this is a business. And businesses have only one objective: making money. Not making nerds/geeks happy, no. Just making money. The "OpenSource" is just an excuse to license cheap software instead of spending a lot of money in a propietary OS. That's real life buddies, welcome to it.

And that's why Bill Gates life is easier than Linus Torvalds life

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-06-01 at 16:45.