View Single Post
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Hi traysh,

I just want to share my investigation about my N9 running bad after some weeks using unstable 1.1.5 version.

First of all, I use FasterN9 since the very 1st version, and I have installed every versions until this last 1.1.5.

Curiously, the day you published the 1.1.5, I have like all the others, go give it a try, and installed/used it without any troubles.

This working for weeks, until it started acting bad since approximatively 2 weeks from now.

The bad things was :

- Many applications take minutes to start after tapping on there icon in the launcher.
- The camera and gallery don't start anymore after tapping on their respective icons in the launcher.
- camera application taking 95~98% cpu constantly (causing huge and constant battery draining).
- Sometime camera and gallery start, but after some seconds of use, they hang asking with the message 'not responding' , 'do you want to kill, etc ...'.

So, trying to understand the problem I have started in the console 'top -d 1' and toggled view to show threads.

I can see '/usr/bin/camera-ui -prestart' & '/usr/bin/invoker --type=m /usr/bin/camera-ui -prestart', but no trace of camera on the screen.

I then do a diff from the syspart.conf of 1.1.5 and the original and just changed back the classification of '/usr/bin/invoker' to the '[classify apputils]' section and obviously removed it from the '[classify desktop]' section.

After this change, all work fine !!!

Hope that can help others running 1.1.5 version ...

A++

Last edited by colin.stephane; 2013-06-16 at 00:13. Reason: Added more symptom's ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post: