View Single Post
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Älä hakkaa View Post
Good point! Best optimized kernel as default. We don't have to support different types of hardware. There's only one n900, so yes to NEON and other such optimizations too.
If we think about the compiler options used, in practice we would be optimizing for cortex-a8 with neon and thumb2. This would be a benefit for other similar devices too.

You know, Arch means anus in German, nevertheless its base repo is a good starting point.
No wonder Arch users are a**holes then..
I don't have any allegiance to Arch Linux anymore, but I want to keep using pacman. Regardless of how I feel about the distro in general nowadays, it's still best there is, out of the similar choices. So, the base would always be 1:1 as much as possible, extras etc would be superseded with our own, and official repos would be left as (from my point of view) unsupported "fallbacks" -> lower on priority.

But before going into extras, GL-graphics etc., I'd like to cater for early options and alternatives to it like a busybox base, a plan-9 base and statically linked bases. The philosophers have some interesting thoughts about these http://sta.li/
I want to avoid busybox as long as possible. For now, mksh is what I've planned on using, ideas and opinions are welcome with this matter too. I've been following starch and been playing around with musl for awhile now, won't go into details yet but if I get anything usable done, it'll be in here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post: