View Single Post
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Meran, Italy
Originally Posted by pkz View Post
Dear all,

I have a similar problem to the one that peterleichnen has raised:

I have installed kernel-power-bootimg ver. 52 with uboot, but when I try to install kernel-power-settings with apt-get, I get

For the just mentioned reasons, is it possible that a little problem with dependencies has been introduced with kernel-power-bootimg ver. 1:2.6.28-10power52?

Thanks in advance for your great efforts.

Cordially,
pkz
While waiting for the next minor release of kernel power with dependencies problems solved, I managed to install kernel-power-settings as follows:

Code:
sudo apt-get -d install kernel-power-settings
cd /var/cache/apt/archives
sudo dpkg --force-depends -i kernel-power-settings_0.17_armel.deb
sudo kernel-config load dsp
sudo kernel-config default dsp
where the two last steps can be changed "ad libitum" with the desired profile... Of course when You want to upgrade something You should be awake enough to avoid useless installations of bfs kernel stuffs, and of the useless kernel-power-flasher (useless for those who uses the great uboot)...

In any case, may I serve somehow to correct the above mentioned dependency problems?

pkz

PS: in this situation, with unmet dependencies, the only way to add/remove/upgrade packages is using HAM. FAM fails and apt-get too...

Last edited by pkz; 2013-09-05 at 08:44. Reason: How to add/remove/upgrade packages with unmet dependencies added

The Following User Says Thank You to pkz For This Useful Post: