View Single Post
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
I've got an issue with my n900 and want to try and reinstall CSSU-Thumb to see if it will fix it. I went to change my battery, but was in a hurry. In my haste, I thought I'd shut the device down but really only turned the screen off. So when I removed the battery it killed a running system.

On reboot I have a number of issues:

*) What looks like some font issues with various glyphs not rendered. Sometimes there's default replacement fonts and sometimes (eg when searching for a contact) squares instead of text.

*) Conversations has lost a lot of its look and feel - a text message message is small black text on a white background with a thin black box. This could be theme corruption?

*) All my saved conversations are missing from the app. I wonder though if this is down to UI issues like the above, breaking the app. el.db (which I think contains them is of a decent size).

*) Web pages aren't rendering properly - again I think this is partly the fonts issues.

*) Otherwise it seems to be functioning no problem. All the above survived a reboot.

TMO is one of the worst affected sites. Also when I visit the CSSU-Thumb installation page from the device I just get an empty page and nothing happens. So...

Does this sound like something CSSU-Thumb reinstall will fix? If not any suggestions - I'd prefer to leave flashing as a last resort as it's my main phone, now. If so, is there a way to reinstall CSSU-Thumb using say apt-get or wget?

I've done a search but not found anything yet. I'll keep looking meantime.

maybe try a good few reboots first. i had a few weird symbols years ago and about 5 reboots fixed it.

worth a shot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crail For This Useful Post: