View Single Post
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Honestly I have had a nit in my hands every day (no lie) for the last 5 years (I know it's at least five...hard to remember when I didn't have one to hand everywhere I went...huh! would that make me some kind of nit-junkie?) , I was always here reading, and studying and trying and testing stuff concerning the os's and the programs and all the good juicy stuff.
I think I have some good ideas (whether they work , physically work and work well... inside the mechanics of the structure here is another matter)
I think I have some decent tweaks and improvements...and a few "alakazaam's" so to speak to pull out of my hat.
But the finer niceties and protocols of the functions, mechanisms,cogs and gears of the forums, garage, wiki and well ....how this place "works" I didn't study. There are lots of people who would know how to do the job a thousand times better than I. I'm not saying this to deny responsibility or false modesty. There must be thousands here who know how to do the job! ...where I wouldn't even know where to start.
Not to mention after you guys having to deal with the likes of buffalo and worse and people having meltdowns as a result ...like me...I'm not sure whether the job you have is a blessing or a punishment . I am glad you guys are here though... or it would be a ruinous mess.
So especially after my fission moment I think I would think (and for good reason) I would be the least fit on the list of candidates
And I am certainly humbled by the thought anyone here would even consider it. All I can think to say is I thank you for that.

Last edited by endsormeans; 2013-07-09 at 16:41. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post: