View Single Post
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Agreed. But the correction I struggle with (and the default Nokia camera does VERY well), is vignetting. Extremely difficult to iradicate that lighter centre of the pic.
Yea, it "haunted" me for ages too - until someone came with simple yet ingenious solution. The problem is caused by ultra-wide characteristic of our lens, and, surprisingly, method used for get rid of it for biiig DSLR wide lenses, works for us too. it is nearly impossible to get rid of while manually developing from RAW files, but simple, FOSS program "CornerFix" fixes that blue'ish vignetting automagicaly.

I can't find relevant TMO thread now, but just duckduckgo.com for "CornerFix", and you're home. I'm using it myself, and can confirm that it works for 100% - just like default Nokia raw developing. The best thing, is that it does is lossless'ly at RAW level - you put in a vignetted RAW, and get out another RAW, without vignette. Then, you can develop it whatever you want.

Only drawback is that, despite being FOSS it can't be compiled for N900 for some obscure reasons (I remember it vaguely - knowledgeable ones explained it in details, and it had something to do with it being written originally for Mac), so you need windoze or mac desktop for using it
---

I agree, though, that Nokia's automagic RAW developing algorithms are *very* good, in other parts too... It's pity, that they're (and always will be) closed source, as while doing it, Nokians have access to all data about camera module and lens characteristic. AFAIK, no one yet made effort to re-create perfect RAW developing template (for our camera characteristic) and share it with others. (BTW, no logical reason why Nokia is keeping it closed - it won't be useful for any other product, than 2 Nokia phones using this module type...).

As for me, the best I was able to get, were photos that have *some* aspects better than Nokia's photo (but others worse - easy to compare, if you instruct camera programs to save *both* RAW and jpg, at the same time). But, for doing so, I develop every photo by hand, focusing on aspects that I'm more interested in that particular photography.
---

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, it is something else then, as I was able to take 10-15 photos in a row, with both dspjpegenc and jpegenc.
But, should we use the "new" thing attached to your post (some fixes?), or is version from 720p thread still "best" one to use?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: